When you think about it

Staking my claim to a piece of cyberspace. Somewhere to chill, to rant , to soapbox, to inform, to learn.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Who do you write for ?

I've been reading about the therapeutic benefits of keeping a diary today, and I know a lot of bloggers use their blogs for this purpose. My query is who the target audience for such blogs and paper-based journals might be ? Do you write for yourself ? Do you write with a specific set of readers in mind ? Who ? Does it affect your writing style ?

My 'voice' is a little different on each of my blogs, which is one of the reasons for separating things out in the first place. This particular blog, which I consider the 'root' blog, is here to try and elicit responses from people on topics of interest to me. I do use it diary my growing understanding of the use and abuse of blogs as well, though - hence the 'Experiencing the Blog' thread.

I've kept diaries in the past, for various reasons and for varying lengths of time (usually it's a fad and goes away again after a little while). I don't want to expose my soul to the world in general, so my blogs aren't diairies, with the possible exception of 'Bullied At Work'. The reason that one is different is because in the back of my mind is the thought that I might one day a) use it as some kind of evidence of what happened to me b) might encourage other people to talk more about bullying too.

So I ask again, who are you writing for ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home